This page is an archive of the discussion about the proposed deletion of the article below. This page is no longer live. Further comments should be made on the article's talk page rather than here so that this page is preserved as an historic record.
The result of the debate was keep. —Korath (Talk) 17:21, Mar 6, 2005 (UTC)
Chem professor at UCLA. Article fails to establish notability, and he gets a couple hundred google hits. Radiant! 11:56, Feb 28, 2005 (UTC) Withdrawn.
- Keep, a leading researcher in surface chemistry sounds notable. Kappa 13:44, 28 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Keep. Winner of the Wolf Prize in Chemistry for 1998 which is one of the most prestigious prizes in chemistry. Capitalistroadster 14:23, 28 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- PS. Also won National Medal in Science in 2002  for lifetime achievement in science. Capitalistroadster 14:29, 28 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Oops, my bad. Sorry. Radiant! 15:18, Feb 28, 2005 (UTC)
- Expand to include notability as established by CR above. Barno 16:30, 28 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Keep, should have checked the what links here tab --nixie 02:09, 1 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Keep, and expand. Notable. Megan1967 05:31, 1 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Comment. I have expanded the article noting his awards and his contribution to surface chemistry. I have also added some info his family being helped by Raoul Wallenberg to stay out of the Nazi death camps and participating in the 1956 Hungary uprising. No change to vote. Capitalistroadster 09:41, 1 Mar 2005 (UTC)
This page is now preserved as an archive of the debate and, like some other VfD subpages, is no longer 'live'. Subsequent comments on the issue, the deletion, or the decision-making process should be placed on the relevant 'live' pages. Please do not edit this page.