1440s in architecture
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|1430s . 1440s in architecture . 1450s|
Buildings and structures
- 1443 – The Castle of Zafra is completed.
- July 25 – The foundation stone of King's College Chapel, Cambridge, England is laid by King Henry VI of England.
- Precious Belt Bridge in China reconstructed.
- Approximate date
- 1446–1450 – Reconstruction of choir of Mont Saint Michel Abbey in Normandy is begun.
- c. 1447 – Llotja dels Mercaders (Silk Exchange) in Palma, Majorca, designed by Guillem Sagrera, completed.
- c. 1440 – Reginald Bray born in Worcester, England (d. 1503)
- c. 1443 – Giuliano da Sangallo born in Florence (d. 1516)
- c. 1444 – Donato Bramante born in Monte Asdrualdo (modern-day Fermignano), Italy (d. 1514)